If you want your digital signage content to be effective and engaging, one of the most important aspects to keep in mind is where you place your signage. Even the most attractive content can end up being ignored if you don’t get the location of your digital signage right.
So, what are some of the things you need to keep in mind when you are considering the location of your digital signage?
- Heavy Traffic: If you are placing your digital signage internally (in your office, school, institution, etc.) one of the things to consider would be areas where you get heavy foot traffic, for example entryways, hallways, etc. The more the number of people, the more likely your signage will be noticed by a significant number of your target audience.
- Natural Wait times: Other potential locations for your digital signage in a similar situation include spaces where people tend to have natural wait times like elevators, escalators, etc. At such locations, people are more likely to be looking around and engaging with your content.
- Areas of Congregation: Another important area that you can use to get your message across to your employees, students, staff, etc. is to place your digital signage in an area where they are all likely to congregate, for example: lunch room, cafeteria, break room, etc. In such spaces, your target audience is likely to be both present and relaxed enough to consume the content that you want them to.
- Proximity: In a retail setting, it is best to place the digital signage close to the area where you are likely to be placing the items you are promoting. So, if you want to promote an ongoing sale, place your signage close to the aisle where your sale items are placed.
- Doors vs. Windows: People tend not to notice digital signages placed near the door since they are more focused on the area they are entering and where they are going or finding what they are looking for. Store windows on the other hand, naturally attract attention, and placing an engaging digital signage there will definitely draw in your target audience.
- Lighting: In general, lighting is an important aspect to consider when you are placing your digital signage. Do not place your signage near open windows since the sunlight may prevent your content from being seen. Similarly, do not place your digital signage near bright lights. Instead, find spots where there is sufficient, but not too much, ambient lighting.
- Height: Similar to lighting, this is another important consideration in the location of the digital signage. If your signage is placed too high or too low, it risks getting completely missed by your target audience. The best height to place your signage would be at eye level. That way even people walking past are likely to see it and engage with it.
↓ Use Forever Free Digital Signage Solution Today ↓Add your first screen